Portugal host Ukraine on Friday at 19:45 at the Estádio da Luz in the first round of qualifying for the UEFA European Championship in 2020. The national team is on the top of the grid, to the final-four of League of Nations A, after having won a group of which were part of Italy and Poland. The formation commanded by Fernando. Santos has not lost since losing to Uruguay in the round of 16 of the World Cup in Russia and will try to beat the Ukrainians to get on the right foot in the qualifying for the Euro. Already the Eastern set won their group in the League of Nations B, imposing the Czech Republic and Slovakia, which ensured the promotion to League A. Ukraine wants to surprise Portugal, but will have weapons to counter a National Team that returns to to count on Cristiano Ronaldo?
The champion of the 2016 edition of Eurocopa, the selection of Portugal begins this Friday, March 22, to defend its title. He will make his debut in the Euro 2020 qualifiers against Ukraine. The meeting will be based on the Luz stadium in Lisbon. The kick-off was scheduled for 16:45. The teams are in Group B, which also has Lithuania, Luxembourg and Serbia.
In commemoration of the 60 years of the tournament, the sixteenth edition of the Eurocopa will be played next year in 12 countries. The qualifiers count with 55 selections in the dispute, including the first participation of Kosovo. They were divided into ten groups with five or six participants who will face each other in turn and return. In the end, the top two will have their classification guaranteed.The remaining four places will be played by the 16 group winners in the four League of Nations versions of Europe that had their first edition played in 2018. In case the winners also get a spot in the playoffs, they will set the final participants in the playoffs. Euro 2020 will be occupied by the team that stayed in the next position in their key in the tournament. The final battle will take place in March next year, shortly before the start of the Eurocup, which is scheduled for the period between June 12 and July 12. The final will be in England.
Portugal vs Ukraine
- Portugal won their group in the League of Nations A.
- Portugal has won three of their last five games.
- Ukraine lost their last game away in the League of Nations.
The opening of the Euro 2020 qualifiers marks the end of Cristiano Ronaldo’s retirement from the national team. After nine months out of the summons, the Juventus star was once again called by coach Fernando Santos.Even without him, Portugal secured the classification for the semifinals of Liga A of the League of Nations of Europe. When he scored eight points (two wins and two draws), he reached first place in Group 3, leaving behind Italy (five points) and Poland (two), which was later relegated to League B.In the tournament, the Portuguese team established an unbeaten run of six games (three wins and three draws) showing the power of reaction after eliminating Uruguay (2 to 1) at the World Cup in Russia 2018.Although of course the call of Cristiano Ronaldo attracted more attention, he was not the only Juventus athlete called by Fernando Santos. The young João Felix, 19, is also on the list, which recovers players like Pepe and Nelson Semedo, others who have been gaining slack in previous calls. After the match against Ukraine, Portugal will head home again to Serbia on Monday, March 25. The athletes available for the clashes are:
- Goalkeepers: Beto (Goztepe), José Sá (Olympiakos) and Rui Patrício (Wolverhampton);
- Defenders: João Cancelo (Juventus), Nélson Semedo (Barcelona), José Fonte (Lille), Pepe (FC Porto), Rúben Dias (Benfica), Raphael Guerreiro (Borussia Dortmund) and Mario Rui (Naples);
- Willemstad (Wolverhampton), Willem (Wolverhampton), Willem (Wolverhampton), Willem (Wolverhampton), Willem
- Attackers: Bernardo Silva (Manchester City), João Félix (SL Benfica), Gonçalo Guedes (Valencia) Rafa Silva Braga).
A Portuguese-speaking player was the big new player on the Ukrainian national team’s list for his Euro 2000 qualifying matches. In addition to Portugal, the team will face Luxembourg, again as a visitor, in this initial double round. The second round meeting is scheduled for Monday, March 25.Formed in the base categories of Santos, the naturalized Brazilian Júnior Moraes was called for the first time by coach Andriy Shevchenko. He is active in Shakhtar Donetsk and had the nationalization process completed in early March. The striker arrived in Ukraine in 2011 to play for Mettallurg Donetsk. He then moved to Dynamo Kiev, CSKA Sofia (Bulgaria) and Tianjin Quanjian (China), before being hired by Shakhtar.Probably the greatest player in the history of Ukrainian football, Shevchenko seems to take steps to achieve the same title as coach. With it, the team won the first place in Group B of League B of the League of Nations of Europe adding nine points (three wins and one defeat). He secured his place in League A, the First Division, in the next edition of the tournament.For the Euro 2020 qualifiers, he called:
- Goalkeepers: Andriy Pyatov (Shakhtar), Denis Boyko (Dynamo) and Andriy Lunin (Leganes, Spain);
- Defenders: Sergey Krivtsov, Bohdan Butko, Nikolai Matvienko (all of Shakhtar); Mykyta Burda, Artem Shabanov, Vitaly Mykolenko (all from Dynamo), Alexander Karavaeva (“Dawn”) and Edward Sobol (“Jablonec” Czech Republic);
- He is also a member of the National Football Association of Sweden. He is also a member of the National Football Association of Sweden. He is the co-founder of Yevhen Konoplyanka (“Schalke”, Germany), Taras Stepanenko, Marlos, Sergei Bolbat (all- “Shakhtar”), Sergey Sydorchuk Viktor Tsygankov, Vitaly Buyal’skiy Nicholas Shaparenko (“Manchester City” England) Ruslan Malinowski (“Genk” Belgium) and Roman Bezus (“Gent”, Belgium);
- Attackers: Roman Yaremchuk (Gent, Belgium), Artem Krevets (Kayserispor, Turkey) and Junior Moraes (Shakhtar).
History of matches Portugal vs Ukraine
There were only two matches involving the selections. They came in the qualifiers for the 1998 World Cup, which was played in France. Who played at home, won. Ukraine scored 2-1 in the first round. In the second, Portugal made 1 to 0.
Football Prediction of the Day Portugal vs Ukraine
Portugal receives Ukraine in the talisman Stadium of Light and will look for a victory that allows you to get on the right foot. We believe that the National Team, with Cristiano Ronaldo back, will win this encounter with the Ukrainians. Counting again with Cristiano Ronaldo and having the opportunity to play at home, the prognosis in the victory of Portugal even against a well organized Ukraine ends up being the best guessing option for the confrontation on Friday for the first round of the Euro 2020 qualifiers.
Bet Tips: Portugal wins